What it this dvd player

ruffrida

Reaction score
Hi Ya'll,

I have aquired this in car dvd palyer froma friend, he thought it was a ripspeed but no serial numbers, no name and has the old skool 6pin white plug on the back, aswel as a fibre optic and another small 11pin socket.
This has come with zero wires and really struggling to find our what it is, any ideas???

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh554/Ruffrida169/unknown.jpg

the square black socket on the back looks a bit like a Pioneer IP Bus\CD changer fitment, if that's any help.

!B2dwkLwBWk~$(KGrHqR,!iIE)qvw8QW3BMin)tcIg!~~_35.JPG

Edit: checked it out some more & I'm now certain it's a Pioneer configuration. I had a Pioneer install in a previous car and the CD Changer had the same connector, also the power socket was a similar connector block. Pioneer still use what I think is the same IP Bus socket on their 2012 products. Below is a screen shot of the manual for my new AVIC-940BT in which I've highlighted the socket in red! It's used for connecting external media.

Avic Rear 3

Last edited:
the square black socket on the back looks a bit like a Pioneer IP Bus\CD changer fitment, if that's any help.

!B2dwkLwBWk~$(KGrHqR,!iIE)qvw8QW3BMin)tcIg!~~_35.JPG

Edit: checked it out some more & I'm now certain it's a Pioneer configuration. I had a Pioneer install in a previous car and the CD Changer had the same connector, also the power socket was a similar connector block. Pioneer still use what I think is the same IP Bus socket on their 2012 products. Below is a screen shot of the manual for my new AVIC-940BT in which I've highlighted the socket in red! It's used for connecting external media.

View attachment 7703

Nice 1 fella this is a great help thank you.

I have found a few of these IP bus cables and looks the only way i will get sound is through an amp and rca's, which is not a problem, got plenty of amps and wires