Cd multi changer fitting advice

Chadders

Reaction score
Just taken delivery of my A6 which only had a single slot cd what is the easiest & cheapest way to upgrade is it just a case of a straight swap for a multi changer cheers

Am I too assume its an older A6, year would help mate.

If its a C6 and has MMI Basic then it can't be added as the Basic doesn't use MOST.

If its Basic+ or High then it's a straight swap with no coding.

Ok thanks it's a 55 reg how do i know if it's basic or basic + the inst manual states "operating inst MMI basic" so may be it's a basic model

How many MMI buttons do you have?

4 or 8?

If you have 4 it's Basic

If you have 8 and a central RED screen above the centre air vents you have Basic+

If you have 8 and a central COLOUR screen above the central airvents you have HIGH.

It's got 8 buttons Nav,phone,CDTV,Radio,car, setup,name & info with the central display in red. The CD drive is in the glove box.

I'm sorry? all MMI cars in the A6 C6 chassis regardless of type are MOST and can have a 6 CD changer.

Only difference between MMI basic and basic + is the amplifier. And I've never seen an A6 with MMI Basic, they are all Basic + minimum spec with a red screen.

So you can have a Basic + A6 with a 4 button panel and MOST, it will just have a single CD radio in the glovebox, but there will be a 9 channel amp in the boot hidden behind the left hand panel.

Q7's on the other hand tend to be Basic and not Basic + with a red screen, but are still MOST.

Whoops - I thought Basic+ upwards was MOST.

You learn something new everyday eh.

Sorry am I missing something what is MOST & can I fit a multi cd changer or not

Is it easy to remove & change over? Any special tools knowledge needed?

Last question I promise !! Can I fit a usb cable to the rear of the unit in order to connect a usb stick with music on it thanks for the advice

Is it easy to remove & change over? Any special tools knowledge needed?

just audi specific removal keys = PC5-132 Audi Chorus Concert Stereo Radio Removal Extraction Release Keys x 4 | eBay

Last question I promise !! Can I fit a usb cable to the rear of the unit in order to connect a usb stick with music on it thanks for the advice

you need ami for that - which is only on mmi high but there is probably an aftermarket option availiable

Right first of all, you cannot remove that single CD player at all. It is the MMI headunit, CD player & radio all in one.

So you can add a 6 CD changer alongside it effectively giving you 7 disks to play from. When you add a 6 CD it will go into component protection and skip every 2 seconds, a dealership or an independant with online access can clear this only, no one else can.

Also as you have MMI Basic and the AMI is not supported, so the best option for USB/Ipod is the Dension GW500, using this with a 6 CD would give you the best combinations.

If you want any of these options fitting then give me a shout I have them all in stock.