yatour/xcarlink+Concert II+ & iPhone Bluetooth -Some Questions

griffin

Reaction score
Hello.
Im looking into the possibility of buying a yatour interface from ebay that has usb and sd card reader( its like a xcarlink) to use with a concert II+/III (i never know the name of the model of the radio). But i had a few questions that i couldn't find a correct answer beore buying :

1 - I have OEM bluetooth on my car. Will adding the interface disable the bluetooth in some way ? Having in mind that this is a regular interface without bluetooth.

2- In a concert II+, will the interface show the names of the songs or just "track 01, track 02,..."? With a mp3 cd it does show the track name and i have seen in a video of a usb interface where it shows the track name, but in others it doesn't so im confused =/

3- This is unrelated to the xcarlink/yatour but with the oem bluetooth. I have an iphone that i connect to the oem bt and everything works fine when i make calls but when i receive them the ringing sound plays in the speakers but when i press "answer" on the iphone the sound goes to the iphone and not the car speakers. Anyone with the same problem or with a solution? Maybe its because i answer on the phone and not on the radio but the radio doesn't have a answering button.

Thank you!

1: No, BT uses a different connection, so as long as you dont diconnect bt wiring, it will be fine
2: You need to check with the manufacturer of the yatour to see if it adds any dis/head unit data, but normally these cd changer connected devices dont add any data to the head unit or dis, dension units do on the dis
3: Which iphone/IOS, what car, age of car, try to remove pair, repair, test, if still a problem then ideally need to check bt module with vcds & possibly replace if iphone has been tested on another car with same oem bt unit

1: No, BT uses a different connection, so as long as you dont diconnect bt wiring, it will be fine
2: You need to check with the manufacturer of the yatour to see if it adds any dis/head unit data, but normally these cd changer connected devices dont add any data to the head unit or dis, dension units do on the dis
3: Which iphone/IOS, what car, age of car, try to remove pair, repair, test, if still a problem then ideally need to check bt module with vcds & possibly replace if iphone has been tested on another car with same oem bt unit

Thanks for the answers!
Its to bad that it doesn't show the song name and now i have to reconsider getting this or not. I was hopping that because the concert ii+ shows the names from an mp3 cd it would maybe do the same with this interface, but i didn't see any mention of that in the item description on ebay.

About the iphone, its a iphone 4 with ios5.1.1, but it has been like this since the first ios5 and i have tried with the new ios6 and the problem remains. I don't think its a problem with the bt module because other phones have worked fine with the audi bt, so its a problem from the iphone bt module

You still havnt given us the car info as in yeah, chassis etc.

It could just be the module version doesnt like the iphone version, so needs testing on another car with same bt unit & maybe newer version, whereabouts are you located?

Sorry, forgot about the car info =/ Its a 2007 a3 sportback 1.9tdi and thats pretty much all i know now.
Im from Portugal but don't know if i will be able to test in other cars, i need to ask someone with the same car if they have bt and test it. Hoewever, it would be just for the sake of testing it because i don't want to spend money to change the module, i would rather just get other radio/device that has bluetooth or just keep using it like this, despite being a bit annoying to always change the sound to the car.

TBH if its 07, then I would think it would work fine, but its now 5 years old so maybe its developed a fault, needs a reset or just not compatible with IOS 5.1.1, I know a friends I4 had issues with an older module & he was running the last release of V5 IOS, so maybe BT version/profile has issues.

Try doing a disconnect of battery for 10 minutes, also remove the pairing etc.

TBH if its 07, then I would think it would work fine, but its now 5 years old so maybe its developed a fault, needs a reset or just not compatible with IOS 5.1.1, I know a friends I4 had issues with an older module & he was running the last release of V5 IOS, so maybe BT version/profile has issues.

Try doing a disconnect of battery for 10 minutes, also remove the pairing etc.

I did all of that but it didn't work :/ Im guessing its really a os5/6 bt problem.

About the mp3 interface, is there one that can show the track id on the radio? The one i was looking on ebay doesn't show the track id afterall and it seems that without track names it would be difficult to search for the song i want to hear and to have it organized.

TBH you have a concert, so very restricted tbh what you would get, only way to get more data is to change out the head unit for a rns-e which will give you sd card usage which gives you track info, then if you wnat iphone/ipod usage then needs to be a mk2 rns with ami system, PM if interested, its not cheap though, but very good system.

TBH you have a concert, so very restricted tbh what you would get, only way to get more data is to change out the head unit for a rns-e which will give you sd card usage which gives you track info, then if you wnat iphone/ipod usage then needs to be a mk2 rns with ami system, PM if interested, its not cheap though, but very good system.

Thank you for all the help you have been giving!
A rns-e is what i really want but unfortunately its to expensive and way more what i could spend. I have looked into alternatives that can be used on the audi and that blend with dashboard and i found some from Dynavin but even those are more than what i was willing to spend =/ Im looking into alternatives but if don't find something i will probably end up getting this and just have to get used to not having the track id