Symphony Removal

Hi,

I have a 2001 S3. (Facelift).

Bought the radio removal keys from vagparts. But when i insert them, the bottom left hand corner one doesnt seem to latch on to anything.

Is there anything I can do? The radio comes out a bit, might just need a shove from behind but I cant see how to get the climate panel out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris.

I had some problems removing a symphony from an A3 faceift on friday, the keys went in but didn't latch, it seemed they were riding over them release mechanisms. So I sightly angled my removal keys so the went down ( from the top ) and up ( from the bottom ) as they went in and this sorted it straight away.

Craig

Thanks fella, I'll give it a go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't force anything as you could end up with it jammed in there. Certainly don't push it hard from the back. If you want access to the back just remove the glovebox.

still no joy. the radio lifts out about half a cm. but still cant get anything to latch on the bottom left catch.

guess its a centre console out job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

With only one clip left I'd just force it out rather than start to remove large parts of the interior.
If you remove the glovebox you'll be able to get to the rear of the unit.
Are you sure it's not just the wiring fouling on something?

Same thing happened to me - it was the radio connectors wedging on the back of the housing - like Andy says getting the Glovebox out gives a load more room to play with and you may find you have the same problem as me.

Good luck,

Greg

Hiya,

Still no joy. I think the bottom left pin must be bent outward into the cage. Doesn't matter how hard i push from behind it i cant overcome it. Any ideas? I'm dying to get my phatbox going after i've run a cable in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

for some reason my car wasnt pre-wired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

With the glovebox out can't you get to the changer socket without removing the HU?
It's right there on the left on single DIN units