i have bass once again!

Dean_T

Reaction score
Website
www.talkaudio.co.uk
had the below install in for a couple of weeks now;

413751_119_full.jpg

still need to prep and paint, lacquer the box

its an RE XXX 12 in a 2.5 cu ft (+ port) tuned to around 35hz, 36 mm baffle and it droooops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

the sub is getting around 1.8kw via a US Amps merlin amp

we had an audio meet at Talkaudio and a dBdrag comp was there, my initial score was 139.9db @ 46hz

after a bit of gain adjustment this went up to 140.6db @ 46hz

not bad for a street tuned box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

this weekend im off to see the lads at audio-one to get some kick builds made up as im still running the standard fronts at the moment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

That's one hell of a box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Let me know how much you get quoted for the Kick builds as I will be requiring some in the future. As I am hopefully going to purchase some Phoenix Gold Ti Elite components to replace the JL's (Ti 951's) 9" for the door, 5" for the kick and a 1" tweeter for the A Pillars. Should be good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
yikes...impressive!
(how do you get to the spare wheel now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

the need to get to the spare tyre has been reduced as the tyres should cope with the average puncture quite easily as i have had punctureseal fitted in all four tyres /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i still havent got around to scoping the outputs on the amp yet but i will.... sooner or later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

look at the size of that box! Looking good deano and good score at T12!

I'm gonna stick with a small sealed box for my XXX cause when you look at the dimensions that RE recommened for a slot port, it's the entire boot!

Any problems with the roof vibrating too much? I've decided against deadening up there as the headlining looked quite messy in putting back together!

cheers mate, i didnt expect to hit that high myself!

i was just hoping to beat my score i had with the HC, 136.6, anything over that was a bonus

not bad seeing as im louder than some ported 15s too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

the sub is awesome, easily the best i have heard or owned so far

to be honest i havent checked the roof while its been playing loud yet, will have to check it out

just wish i had the cash for a powerbass 3000D lol