Upgrading stereos

AlexStanley

Reaction score
Website
www.alexstanley.co.uk
Hiya all,

Just bought a TT Roadster non-Bose, and the Concert stereo that is in there is quite quick at overloading, it has to be said!!

I've looked in the manual and it says that the Concert is 4x20w with a 20w active sub too

Does anybody know what the specs are of the Concert II? I was thinking about phoning a scrappy or seeing if anybody on here had one to sell y'see - I'd like to keep the car as OEM as poss.

How easy would it be to replace the original Concert with a Concert II?

Cheers

Alex.

I have a Chorus 2 and a cd changer (from my MY 2003 A3) for sale if you are interested. You shouldn't have any trouble upgrading from the Concert stereo...

And here is the changer (6 disc Audi one)

Well I'm certainly interested /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Two things:

- Can you tell me how much you want for it?

- In the manual for the stereo, can you tell me what the power rating is? If it's still 4x20 then it doesn't really make sense to upgrade...

Cheers

Alex.

well, there is a trick with the Audi stereos...they only power the front speakers...for the rear speakers you have an amp(at least on the A3) that powers them and the sub.

The power is as follows: 20 w for the speakers and 40 for the subwoofer. An upgrade would only make a difference in sound quality, not the volume. If you want more volume, U can use the RCA output on the stereo and plug in a bigger amp(4 channels maybe) and maybe some better speakers...it;s actually your decision.

I would upgrade from the Concert to the Concert 2 mainly because of the looks...the gain in power and quality is not that great. We can discuss prices on e-mail if you want to.

a3nut@yahoo.com

Spoken to the missus and she'd prefer a CD slot rather than tape (we don't have any tapes!!), even though we already have the CD changer - no offense mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So - anybody got a Concert II they'd like to sell me? I think I'll post on the Marketplace board too.

I'm reassured that it shouldn't be too difficult changing them over though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Once I get the new unit in I might just take it to a car hifi place and get them to add an amp and upgrade the speakers etc.

Alex.

Oh really??! ******!

Is there any kind of adaptor or anything I can get?

If not, would you say that my best course of action would be to just go down to the car hifi place and get amps etc. working with the current head unit?

A.

Not sure about the adaptor, but I think that an amp and new speakers is the way to go. This would be the "loudest" upgrade

Cheers

Channel amp, and MB Quart or other high quality speakers will improve the sound a million times over... just upgrading the amps will improve things, but new speakers would be worth your while.

Rich