Volks AutosChris Nott
    Hey up!

Status

JBL sub and amp package

Hi

Just had this delivered today,

JBL 10" 500W Subwoofer/Sub Bass Tube and Amp/Amplifier | eBay

I am going to install it this weekend keeping original Concert stereo, thought it was a bargain, I will post pics of install...if all goes well!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    For £90 with everything you need to wire it up that's not too bad. Had a budget JBL sub in the past, it did the job to be fair. But for £90 including an amp and wiring kit I wouldn't expect anything in the way of SQ. Also, the amp seems a bit underpowered for the sub... if the sub's power handling figures are genuine.

How are you going to secure the tube in the boot?

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Hey up!

Status
    I'm not a "jungle is massive" fan so massive bass is not what I wanted,that's why I opted for this package. I just wanted more oomph than the pathetic factory sub.

2 options of what to put it, might strap it up under rear shelf, (it's not too heavy), or just strap it down along the rear seat/ lower boot floor. As you know the boots are massive so space is ample.

I will post some pics when complete, (it's not going to be show winning install!) and let you know how it sounds! Fingers crossed, should sound ok!

Tiptronic

Status
    Budget installs are all about getting the job done for the best price. It'll definately add the lacking low end!

With a bit of luck the end of the tube without the sub in might be the right size to mount the amp on it, saving you a bix moe space and keeping it out of the way.

Looking forward to soem pics and a review of it when you're finished! How are you taking a feed for the amp btw? Hi-Low Converter??

Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

Hey up!

Status
    Hope so!!

And yes , using a converter. Good idea about mounting amp!!

Keep you posted!!!

Hey up!

Status
    All fitted, sounds really good, very impressed, just what I wanted, nice and punchy bass. Took about 5 hours to fit, and a few coffee's!

Pics to follow when photo stream wakes up!

Hey up!

Status
    Here's some pics, just wanted the install neat and functional.

Tiptronic

Status
    Nicely done!

Did you put an MDF backing against the bulkhead for the amp or just attach it straigh on? I couldn't get at my amp when I fitted mine, apparently it's really inaccessible in a cab due to the movable roof compartment. Ended up putting the Hi-Low converter behing the HU and running a long RCA to the boot.

Hey up!

Status
    Thanks!

I attached the amp straight to the rear panel (it's tough enough!), and the only lead from the front was a battery feed. It did take me a few hours but I wanted it fairly need and tidy, and all the wiring is run securely.

The only bad thing is I have found an S4 for sale I have took a shine to, mine might be going up for sale!!!

Any takers?