Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

no changer in the boot

Hi there, just put the deposit down ona 98 s plate 1.8t sport A4 and have a question about the ice.

It has teh concert radio cassette in the front, bose speakers and the amp under the shelf, but no autochanger ( and no tool kit ).

Primary question for you guys is, is it possible to get a lead to connect my kenwood 10disc changer to the concert head unit?

If so, likely cost? and would audi have prewired a changer lead, or is that a silly question?

Finally for now, does anyone know where i can get a tool kit from? The x reg audi i looked at, had the changer and tool kit in a compartment on the l.h.s of the boot. Is this retro fittable?

Thanks for your time.

Nige

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Re: no changer in the boot

The car should be pre-wired for a CD changer, the cable & plug should be tucked up behind the nearside boot panel.

Neutral

Status

If you don't have the cable in your boot, my advice would be to visit ebay

I picked up a Sony CDX-T69 with the adaptor for the Concert and all the cables for ~56

The cable run is easy and I did not have to remove any trim. I was able to slide the cable under the trim

Only tricky bit was getting the cables into the boot. Entry is at parcel shelf left and is a bit tight, mainly because I didn't want the hassle of removing the backseat

It was well worth the effort however. Only took about 20mins to run the cables, probably 15mins spent messing around trying to get them into the boot

Neutral

Status

Cool, will have a look behind the trim when i get the car. And will search ebay for adaptors and a phat noise box, as someone has suggested.

Thanks for your time

nige