Pioneer CD Tuner

darrenp

Reaction score
I have installed a Pioneer stereo into a 1999 A4, straight forward as there was another non standard stereo already in it. My problem is the power source. I want the stereo to turn off when I turn my igintion off and turn on when I turn my igintion on. There are 2 power leads from the stereo to put into 2 leads from the adaptor
1. Red from the stereo into yellow on the adaptor
2. Yellow from the stereo into red on the adaptor

This is identical to the setup on a friends Golf and it works fine. Is my igintion different in some way?

P.S I have already tried red to red and yellow to yellow.

Many thanks in Advance.
Darren

I had the same problem in my 2003 A4, I had to let a stereo company install a switched wire from the ignition to the radio. Took about 5 minutes and cost next to nothing. The guy told me that new A4's don't have these wires standard any more, maybe yours doesn't either?

on the wiring, there are 2 power leads... one yelow and one red IIRC... One of them is permanent power, and the other is ignition power. If you connect it up the wrong way round, it will work ok, but it wont keep its memory, cos when u turno the ignition off, it will cut power altogether. What you need to do it locate the 2 power leads, and swap them over (mine is going red/yellow, NOT red/red or yellow/yellow)

That shoudl sort the problem.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Why dont u people just use a continuity tester or a multi meter instead of guess wiring the feckers up !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

That's why they are colour coded and the instructions make refernce to them PLICK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

That is exactly what I done to the Golf (our memory was been lost every time the car was switched off) and the this solved the problem with the Golf. But unfortunately this is not the case with the Audi.

I'm not losing my memory I just want the stereo to turn off when the ignition is switched off and the stereo to turn on with the ignition is switched on.

But thanks alot anyway

Listen donkey brain..... use the multi meter to find the switched wire from the car side of the loom b4 u connect the stereo! The instruction for the stereo r for the stereo NOT the car OKAY !! tut tut bloomin students !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Cheers,
Thanks alot Gambba, that would be much appreciated.