Freeview on RNS-E

The911SC

Reaction score
My mobile freeview box arrived yesterday and works a treat. Just waiting for my Dietz adapter from Germany, then Digital tv on my Nav + !.

Will take pics of the install for those interested...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Got the freeview box from ebay; cost about £110 all in; tuned it all in last night and it works on the house tv fine. Even has some games built into it like tetris!.
The dietz comes from germany (also via ebay, but the same price from their own website). Dietz video adapter is about £200 including the can bus adapter which enables in motion viewing. Probably wont install that part since I have no intention of viewing whilst driving!..

All done; it was easier than I thought. Bit that took the longest time was stripping the fabric back from the loom covering the can bus wires to enable splicing in. Taken some pics anyway for those interested..

The additional unit spliced into can bus
e315d226.jpg

Not my favorite way of wiring, but having to use the choc block connectors to spice without cutting..
HPIM1284.jpg

The video convertor box.. plug your ps2 or dvb in here!
HPIM1283.jpg

The freeview box. It has a remote control eye
HPIM1285.jpg

Waheyy, Sharapova..
HPIM1290.jpg

how does it cope with the frequency chnages of the MUX's as you drive around the country. The standard RNS-E tuner finds new channels as you move along so it always has a selction of analogue stations for you. But say you are tuned into MUX 1 on channel 50 watchng BBC1,2,3,4 or CBBC, what happens when you drive out of the MUX coverage area and need to be say on channel 47.

Any explanation in the manual?

Craig

Still working on it. Need to make up some adaptors.

Craig