Which MP3 player is best for AUX socket with 3.5mm jack????

A3uk

more power
Reaction score
Sorry, if this question has been aske to death.

Other thank ipod shuffle........ what other good brands are worth looking for in terms of MP3 for the AUX socket.

The Audi handbook as loads of choice.......... but they seem Germany only on Amazon etc..... or really out of date

And ive got 2012 (not the super new shape) A3 Tdi

Help!

It doesnt matter, its just a headphone socket, so none will make the slightest bit difference as its not an intellident port, personal preference of which you prefer to own.

Actually, I disagree. The Aux-In might be the same physical size as a headphone socket but they are different things. A proper Aux-out is much higher power than a headphone-out. So if you just plug your headphones into the Aux-in you need to max the volume on the device and on the radio. This a pain-in-the-bum when you want to switch back to stereo or CD.

If you buy any Apple device with the 30-pin socket then you can buy a proper Aux-out adapter for the device and get vastly better sound quality. This is a great unit which I have used for several years with great results:
Griffin Autopilot Car Charger for iPod and iPhone with: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's all to do with impedance matching, headphones are low impedance between 8-100 ohms, a line level is typically 50k or 50,000 ohms.

From what I remember from college going from low to high impedance is never good.

So it is best to match impedances and if you have a line level aux input then drive it from a line level aux output.