RNS-E Bose Coding

kolash

Reaction score
Hey

I have recently fitted a RNS-E 8PO 035 192S.

Previously I had the concert. Now I've had it a few days I think the concert sounded better - we have swapped the bose brown wire from pin 5 to 7.

We didn't check the volume characteristics (Adaptation 8?) as they are not listed in the on-line Ross Tech Wiki. Does anyone know the list of options? Do they affect sound quality?

I have seen code 255 mentioned elsewhere for Bose, is this correct?

I can't see any GALA settings available on the unit which might suggest it is already coded for Bose or it's on '0' disabled setting.

When swapping the brown wire on my car's loom pin 7 had a grey 'k-line' wire. I assume this is redundant but we put it back in pin 5. Would this cause any problems?

The Grey wire in pin 7 is the AUX input wire, that should have been removed and moved to the 32 pin connector along with the green wire in pin 1 and the yellow wire in pin 3. There is no K-line on an A3

The Grey wire in pin 7 is the AUX input wire, that should have been removed and moved to the 32 pin connector along with the green wire in pin 1 and the yellow wire in pin 3. There is no K-line on an A3

Thanks, would this affect the sound quality in general?

The diagram on top of my concert was not in English so difficult to work out what the grey wire was! I guessed K-line from the RNS-E diagram but should've known K-line isn't used on the A3.

Which pins do these wires move to on the 32pin connector? I don't use the Aux-in is it safe to leave as is until I can get round to changing it?

Any ideas on the Bose coding?

0xx9xxx for BOSE coding on the RNS-E and 255 in adaptation channel 8

Leave the 3 wires disconnected and taped up until later

Cheers :)

I currently have it coded as 0205757 so maybe that explains the quality issue. Will check adaptation 8 is on 255.

We need to put all of this and other threads into one mega RNS-E retro-fit guide!!

There are hundreds of guides, coding settings etc all over the forums and internet if you look, you seem to be reinventing the wheel.