WIll this aux input work?

If it does I'll go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif mad after spending £115 on my ICE>Link and Brodit mounting kit.

Good find mate, can't see why it won't work.

i got one very similar, except it had a yellow plug.

I have e-mailed the guy to see if he has instructions etc.

At a guess I'd say it probably will work (if it's as picuted); because it's almost identical to the genuine Blaupunkt part I have fitted to my DAB-54... As shown you just end up with 2 x RCA-ins, which I have a 3.5mm jack flying from, to hook-up PDA, iPod etc.

Simple but effective.

It might even be worth checking the pin-out of the Blaupunkt connector vs. the Audi stereos - I can't see them being too dfifferent; if I can still find my concert HU I'll have a look later on, because you might even get away with using a Blaupunkt one - the advantage being they're about the same price, and available "next-day" with probably less postage...

Rob.

Are you thinking of connecting the head phone port from the iPod to this then? If so, you will get a fairly OK sound, but not as good as being able to connect the iPod dock connector, which offers pure line out sound.

If you go from the head phone socket you can adjust the volume using the iPod scroll wheel, whereas the dock connector is a set volume which you change on the head unit.

I ordered and and recieved it, but it doesn't appear to work.. I'm waiting for a reply from the seller. I have it plugged in, but i can't select an aux input. I'm assuming that I push the CD button twice to change the input to a pretend 6 disc changer, but it won't do this.

any ideas,

I have the concert II headunit,

I actually ordered another one, not the one in the link. It didn't come with the blue wire, anyone any ideas of where the blue should go to.?

i got this one

Click here

[ QUOTE ]
I actually ordered another one, not the one in the link. It didn't come with the blue wire, anyone any ideas of where the blue should go to.?

i got this one

Click here

[/ QUOTE ]

Did this one work? I am looking for a solution to plug in my MP3 player into the standard fit radio and if this works then it's the same as the Blaupunkt cable.

Thanks
John

The AUX-IN adapter works well, as long as you dont mind not being able to control the IPOD from the HU or steering wheel. If your not bothered, then this is the cheapest solution. Also, you'll not get a line lvl out signal, so you'll be faffing around with the volume level on the ipod every time you plug it in.

as for the wire, do some googling or look on audiworld forums, i seem to remember that this needed connecting to a switched 12v+ as this was to detect when the auxilliary device was switched on. IIRC people just connected this straight to the +12v for the automatic antenna (if u have a feed from the HU), that is switched on/off with the HU. I could of course be way off here though, so check /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No this aux adapter never worked for me. I ended up get the connects2 aux adapter, which works great. I have it fitted in the glovebox and use a griffin airclick remote control for the ipod, changes track etc from the centre console. Try here