What other cables/connectors do i need for this setup?

Looks like you've got it all covered there.

Let us know how you get on and doon't forget to upload photos as we like photos on this forum :icon_thumright:

will do matey
Wasnt sure if i did as i have the full bose spec setup with my black edition
Will take plenty pics
Would like to hear of anyone else having the appradio2 setup in theirs?

I saw that headunit in Halfords the other day and took a liking to it.
I was tempted in doing a double DIN conversion for that headunit alone, but will await your feedback before I proceed. :icon_thumright:

Looking at that head unit too so keen to hear how it goes! :icon_thumright:

well its not going well
The unit is powering up fine, everything seems to work bar the sound
Am pretty sure dynamic sounds have sent the wrong wiring harness (they've sent a ds-ad002)
Everything connects up, but the main square clip affair, when connected, only connects with 2 of the blocks coming from the car, there is 1 that has nothing going to it, and am pretty sure thats why i have no sound- coz theres ****** all connecting it
:uhm:
Have contacted DS and they said someone will call me this afternoon (we'll see)

ive taken a few pics to show peeps what i mean, but cant seem to find the 'upload pic' function?!?

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg
IMG_3113.jpg
IMG_3112.jpg
IMG_3111.jpg
IMG_3110.jpg

if you notice the blue connector has nothing to connect to???
Ive tried googling but cant seem to find what the blue terminal actually is
Anyone?

Do you or did you have a cd changer in the car previously?

If I remember correctly, the blue plug was either for a cd changer (wiring may still be present behind the glovebox or in your centre console, by handbrake) or it could be for an auxillary input.

I may be wrong though, someone (an A3 owner may be able to answer your question).

Car never came with cd changer mate
good thinking tho, i never thought of that

RNSeAuxIn005.jpg

This wiring diagram should help you out a bit.

What headunit did you have on your car before changing to this one?

the four wires on the bottom goto the pre outs on the bottom of the pioneer Hu
FL FR
RL RR

In which case, I believe that the blue plug would be for a cd changer or aux input.

Have you plugged the rca plugs from the new harness into the back of your new headunit?

Yeah mate, everything is connected (or was lol)
all functions were working fine (steering controls etc)
Just no sound
Had a trawl round the unit options to see if there was a mute function lol but it was off

I was about to ask you about the mute function as to whether or not it was activated.

I'm at a loss, the only other thing I could think of was wired up wrong, but it could be a faulty unit or faulty loom.

Stupid question, but did you crank the volume on the headunit up?

Yeh, cranked it all the way to the top
Am gonna go and connect it up again, and no doubt scratch my head...again

the cable looks fine, the fact that the unit is switching on and the steering controls are working shows this. i have done many of these installs on other A3s as well as i myself have the 8400BT

make sure your sound settings are correct on the HU. also have you connected the 4 RCAs into the back of the unit as you have BOSE the sound is being sent over those wires.
on the Appradios you can switch the unit off with the button on screen, then turn the unit on again and go straight into sound settings where you can play with some of the options that are usually greyed out.

where abouts are you based?

Update
Dynamic sounds contacted me
Basically he said as its a pioneer Hu i had to splice 3 cables together to get power routed to the amped system
Done that and.......
Well i'll let the pics decide
I for one am very very happy with the sound, its very rich very bassy (i have it only at 1 and its too much lol)
Everything works as it should, the sat nav, the phone etc
For the money, You cannot go wrong
IMG_3116.jpg
IMG_3117.jpg
IMG_3118.jpg

the other thing while i rtemember
The mode button and the other button on the other side of the wheel still dont have a function assigned
Is there a way i can sort that?