B7 MultiChanger Mp3/Audi - Help required

zollybosher

Reaction score
I have an inbuilt 6 Disc Changer which according to my factory fitted console plays mp3/ Audio, However so far I have only managed to get one Audio disc to play. Either Mp3 discs come up a corrupt or are not found and Audio discs play but jump. they all play fine in the PCs I have put them in.

So I was wondering is there a certain make of disc that works with these units. Or is there something else I can try to get them working - I have burnt them at various speeds from 12x to 32 without any luck.

Secondly I know there are threads about this but how much would it cost me to put an Ipod connector onto this set up so I can play my Ipod (I also have voice activated dialing and bluetooth connectivity) so would like to be able to keep that if possible

Thanks to anyone who can advise (oh by the way based in Manchester so if anyone could recommend a good fitter for the above equipment if it is possible) would be appreciated

You should only use discs designed for audio like TDK etc and burn them slowly. What are you using to burn them?
IIRC you can't use folders either everything needs to be in the root directory which is a real pain when you have 100 tracks per CD

Thanks for the info..I have been using the standard CD Burner XP but not using TDK but I have not been using folders just plain mp3s with no root.

with "normal" discs jumping I would run a laser cleaning disc through it.