OE multichanger issue

I

imported_kennyf

Won't play cds , keeps saying " CD01 err"
Is it gubbed or can anyone suggest a remedy for this.
If not any suggestions for units that compliment the S3 interior , so its in keeping with the car?

Pressed CD's or CD-R's or both?
Could be just the lens needs cleaning, buy one of those CD cleaner CD's

No proper cds , no copies. Will ry one of the lense cleaner kits. Heres hoping!

I bought a cleaner for mine and it has not worked, I still get the same error as posted above.

Before I install a Phatnoise or ICE>Link is there anything else I should try? Is it worth taking it apart to clean the lens?

Kev.

i have this same problem, was intermittant.
i checked all the wiring and ran a cd cleaner through it 3 times. made no difference.

couldnt work out if it was the changer or the headunit so i put my kenwood cd player in instead.

Well, in a moment of weakness this afternoon I bought and installed a new head unit (as the volume has just started to go on mine) and a Connect 2 to hook up my iPod with the HU - Great.

Problem is I did not even think about the cartridge (with 6 cds) still in the CD changer in the boot. I don't want to hook it all back up again, is there an easy way to hook up power the the changer so I can eject it (pin no's? and voltage?) or is there an emergency eject? One CD is still loaded.

Kev.

Don't know if this'll help:
CDERReject.jpg

I can get the changer to eject but can't pull it out the cartridge, I think it must be stuck on the *playing* CD.

I'll just take the thing apart.

Kev.