Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6th Gear

Status

Re: Sat Nav installation service

So how much do you actually charge for that then Craig ?

Supply & fitted.

Thanks

Matt

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_craigyjp

In an A3 I'm only willing to do Symphony II conversions to RNS-E. I don't want to get involved in concert systems at all.

Cost would be 1000 and woud take around 3 hours.

6th Gear

Status

i have a Symphony II install already. RNS-E is the DVD based system, right ? as shown above.

Matt

imported_craigyjp

Yes it is the DVD one shown

1st Gear

Status
    Hi

Can you do a brand new A3 sportback ( 2006 ) ?

I would like nav plus installed. Its got a concert HU currently. I have fitted a ipod cable and thats it.

Please get back to me....

Many Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    I have to admit I have not done an A3 concert to RNS-E conversion. But I don't believe it's as simple as the other thread makes it out to be.

Craig

1st Gear

Status
    What if I get the cage and change it over

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi,ive talked my wife into letting me upgrade my system,would like the works,any chance of a price please mate?

6th Gear

Status
    Yes, let me know what car, year and HU you have now and I can quote, just to let everyone know, prices have dropped since my original posting and I now do Concert to RNS-E conversions in A3 8P and A4 B6 & B7's.

Reverse Gear

Status
    What's the price for the following on an 06 A4:

Symphony to RNS-E (how often do the discs get updated?)

Bluetooth phonekit installation

IPOD adapter

may need to sweet talk the 'boss' but I know which buttons to press

6th Gear

Status
    Symphony to RNS-E (how often do the discs get updated?)
    899, latest disk supplied, they seem to get updated at least twice a year

Bluetooth phonekit installation

IPOD adapter
    100 (Audi OEM)

4th Gear

Status
    Hi Craig I have a 2004 A4 with a single Din, want Sat Nav installed please let me know how much I am looking at to have this done.
    Thanks
    Ian.

4th Gear

Status
    Craig

Just wanted to say thanks for a top service, anyone thinking of carring this out go for it.

Thanks
    Ian

Neutral

Status

S3 8P retro fit

Hi

I'll be purchasing an 8P S3 in the near future, however, i will not be paying Audi for the Satnav.

how much will the install be if i were to spec a double din head unit?

Do you take the wiring back to the fin on the roof?

What is the warranty on the unit?

Thanks and regards

Lee

Ps, I'm in the Manchester area
    Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S-line, 06/06, Black/Black Heated Leather, SatNav, Xenons, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, P/Sensors etc

Reverse Gear

Status

Retro Fitting Original Audi or VW Sat Nav

I just had Retro fitted to my Brand New RS4 Sat/Nav System from www.satnavsystems.com.
    These guys are very quick and professional. I just had new system fitted within 48 hours for 1199 plus VAT. A qualified Audi engineer come to my house installed, programmed and coded everything to factory spec. with latest VAS-5053 Original Audi Diagnostic Tool.
    This guys are not the cheapest, but they are the only in the UK who offer a full 12 months warranty on parts and labor with qualified Audi engineer. I have done a research for almost a month before I found SatNav System.com -in the end my local Audi Dealer has recommended me to them.
    I have spent almost 60k on my car and did not want some cowboys to damage my beauty!!
    My full recommendation to all of you!!!
    RS4 - Sapcekid

6th Gear

Status
    899 if you have a double din fitting and I do provide 12 months warranty with my systems as well.

If you do not have a sharksfin already then a new one is not fitted, instead a submarine antenna is used.

Craig
    www.tclsatnav.com

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetaylor
    Hi

I'll be purchasing an 8P S3 in the near future, however, i will not be paying Audi for the Satnav.

how much will the install be if i were to spec a double din head unit?

Do you take the wiring back to the fin on the roof?

What is the warranty on the unit?

Thanks and regards

Lee

Ps, I'm in the Manchester area

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm very interested in getting the sat-nav system in my car. Please could you tell me how much it would be to convert to sat-nav + bluetooth + IPod?

The car is an 06 A3 SE with a concert CD and BOSE.

Thanks

Andy

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Craig

I've finally got the missus to agree to let me have my Symphony II changed to the RNS-E. How soon can you fit me in? I'm in Liverpool so local, do I come to you or vice versa?

Have a couple of questions:

I'm tempted to have the bluetooth phonekit fitted at the same time, am I missing much by not having the multi-function steering wheel?? Can calls be made / ended via the touch screen on the RNS-E?

When you fit the IPOD interface with the RNS-E does it display the ID3 tags on the screen?

Also, I've been tempted for a while to try and get some screens for the kids in the back seat to keep them happy on long journeys, how easy would this be and can the RNS-E be wired to the rear headrests to play dvd's in the back?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hopefully you can fit me in by Christmas as this is my pressie to me

6th Gear

Status
    Concert II to RNS-E 1149
    Bluetooth 399
    Ipod 99 if done with the above

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma
    I'm very interested in getting the sat-nav system in my car. Please could you tell me how much it would be to convert to sat-nav + bluetooth + IPod?

The car is an 06 A3 SE with a concert CD and BOSE.

Thanks

Andy

6th Gear

Status
    I can fit you in for RNS-E & Bluetooth almost immediately. You could pop along to me.

MFSW will give you voice control of the phone kit and the ability to scan the phone book and make calls from the wheel controls

But you can see the phone book on the nav system and initiate calls from that, and see who's calling etc.

None of the CD changer connected Ipod interfaces show ID tags, only Track 1, track 2 etc.

As for rear screens, the RNS-E cannot play DVD's. You need additional kit to add a video input and play the DVD.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Hanley
    Hi Craig

I've finally got the missus to agree to let me have my Symphony II changed to the RNS-E. How soon can you fit me in? I'm in Liverpool so local, do I come to you or vice versa?

Have a couple of questions:

I'm tempted to have the bluetooth phonekit fitted at the same time, am I missing much by not having the multi-function steering wheel?? Can calls be made / ended via the touch screen on the RNS-E?

When you fit the IPOD interface with the RNS-E does it display the ID3 tags on the screen?

Also, I've been tempted for a while to try and get some screens for the kids in the back seat to keep them happy on long journeys, how easy would this be and can the RNS-E be wired to the rear headrests to play dvd's in the back?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hopefully you can fit me in by Christmas as this is my pressie to me

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Craig

Can you pm me your contact details and how long the job will take.

I'll discuss the video aspect with you when I speak to you

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Craig,

I've just picked up my new car and would like to reftro fit the RNS-E unit and would appreciate your help in answering a couple of questions please mate?
    I have an '06 A3 2.0TDI Sline which has the Bluetooth phone prep, Bose system and MFSW, it also has the Symphony II head unit..
    I have a sneaky feeling that my missus may be getting me a unit from ebay for christmas but i'm a little worried about compatibility

Will the unit work from the off with the bluetooth, Bose and MFSW or will it need to be coded with Vagcom?

Would also appreciate it if you could give an idea of how much to install/setup for me please and any other parts i may need, and a price for supply and install would be great just incase Santa doesn't bring me an RNS-E lol!!

Apologies for all the questions mate, TIA and feel free to PM with any pricing etc...
    Steve

Reverse Gear

Status
    Craig

A big thanks for the install today, it was great watching a genius at work!!

Everything is fine with the RNS-E, had a problem with the bluetooth dropping off every 2 minutes but a quick search on here and I realised it was my phone (Sony Ericsson K800i), I deleted my contacts and restored them and it then worked fine.

I figured out the Dension I-Pod adapter, select CD6 and this gives you access to the Dension menu via the FF and RW buttons, cycle through till the I-Pod displays 'Access I-Pod UI' and press and hold the FF button on the RNS-E, this puts it into I-Pod UI mode.

If anyone is considering having the RNS-E fitted, my advice is get it done. I've been using a Tom-Tom and this blows it out of the water in my opinion, and if you get the RNS-E then you should definately spend the extra and have the Bluetooth phone prep fitted - this is by far the most impressive part for me and something which I'll be using every day.

Cheers

Hanley

Now thinking about TV

6th Gear

Status
    It will need some coding of the car/rns-e & bluetooth to work fully.

I can do the install for you, PM for details if your wife provides you with a nice pressy.

Or I can do the whole job, supply and install for 899

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Beddie
    Hi Craig,

I've just picked up my new car and would like to reftro fit the RNS-E unit and would appreciate your help in answering a couple of questions please mate?
    I have an '06 A3 2.0TDI Sline which has the Bluetooth phone prep, Bose system and MFSW, it also has the Symphony II head unit..
    I have a sneaky feeling that my missus may be getting me a unit from ebay for christmas but i'm a little worried about compatibility

Will the unit work from the off with the bluetooth, Bose and MFSW or will it need to be coded with Vagcom?

Would also appreciate it if you could give an idea of how much to install/setup for me please and any other parts i may need, and a price for supply and install would be great just incase Santa doesn't bring me an RNS-E lol!!

Apologies for all the questions mate, TIA and feel free to PM with any pricing etc...
    Steve

4th Gear

Status
    Craig
    How much did you say it was to supply and fit a six disc changer in the glovebox?
    Thanks
    Ian

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Craig, PM sent..

6th Gear

Status
    Just to let you know, all my installations now come with the 2007 DVD which is TMC enabled.

Reverse Gear

Status

Question are they pulling my pants down?

just bought a 2002 A4 2.5 tdi quattro sport with concert II, and have been quoted greater part of 1500 to fit RNS-E unit. Is this about right, does anyone know if i can have it done cheaper.
    Help appreciated.
    Last edited by PAUL.P; 14th January 2007 at 00:15. Reason: text missing

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL.P
    just bought a 2002 A4 2.5 tdi quattro sport with concert II, and have been quoted greater part of 1500 to fit RNS-E unit. Is this about right, does anyone know if i can have it done cheaper.
    Help appreciated.
    Craig may well be able to do this cheaper, but the reason it's so expensive is that your car will need a double-DIN cage to accept the RNS-E. If you had Symphony II the RNS-E will swap straight in.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where can i get a double din mate, and who is craig.

Vroom Vroom

Status
    Where can i get a double din mate, and who is craig.
    Craig is the guy who started this thread. He does a Sat-Nav install service that's been used by many members of the forum.

Double DIN is the size of the headunit on the sat-nav and symphony units. Because you have a concert (which is single DIN) the install involves more work and is thus more expensive.

Have a read through this thread, you'll see that Craig answers many similar questions.....
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

-------------------------

Status
    Where can i get a double din mate
    Craig would probably be able to get them easily, but if not look on eBay (extend your search to "European Union", as a lot of RNS-E stiff comes from Germany). I recall they're around the 100 mark, but as always with eBay, the price and service varies.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

6th Gear

Status
    Help appreciated.
    1149 for the complete installation from me.

Craig

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the good advice chaps. Does the price include suply and fit, and when could you fit me in, thanks again.

6th Gear

Status
    PM me for details

S55 LKS

Status
    VAGparts do the double din cages for for the A4 B6 for about 30 if anyone is interested. I was contemplating tackling this myself but think I'll leave it to the experts.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

1st Gear

Status

Smile

Hi could you also send me a PM with the price to install the sat nav? My A4 B7 car has already got the double din. Many thanks

6th Gear

Status
    PM Sent

6th Gear

Status
    Just read this thread, think I have it all in my head, but just to confirm! I have an 8l S3, (2003) with a concert single disc and Bose.
    Can you retro fit the RNS E to mine, I know I'll need the double din unit? Or dont you do them on the 8L chassis, on the 8P A3 ??

If you can do it can you email me a price? At present I have no cd changer, but have just sourced one, needs fitting!
    Cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    It depends which revision changer you have got whether it will work Craig will know.

Send him a PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast