A3 concert butchered wiring Loom

Poodwah

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a A3 05 plate that previously had a crappy aftermarket HU installed and some
Dodgy hands free kit wired in. Now from what I can tell whoever did the install has
Had an almighty field day in there.

I've installed a concert II recently and to discover the rear speakers/ sub is no longer working.
My question is:
Is it possible to replace the entire wiring loom with all the Iso/ mini iso connectors with out too much trouble ?
Or is there a better solution to the problem!

Cheers

It can definitely be repaired to a factory state yes, personally I would change it to the newer quadlock type, whereabouts are you located?

Thanks for replying mate,

I'm in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire. The stereo I have have is concert II with ISO would that mean I'd have to find a concert 2+ if I convert to quadlock?

Do you know roughly what it should cost to take it back to the factory state ?

Cheers

If you post pics of the state of the wring then I can estimate as best as possible.

TBH if you have that state, I would consider an rns-e as I could save you a fair bit of money on wiring alone & it shares the same antenna system as the older concert, so all a plus point imho.

I've given him the respect to already be aware its a different size unit, as he knows of the concert 2+ unit, but yes & if he had asked whats involved, then he would of been advised, but repair wires from audi arent cheap if he wanted a loom repair, plus time to actually do the repair, so cost effectiveness to get back the same system would seem logical to see if the cost outlay can benefit the OP in other ways, using an iso to quad adapter & solder these to a factory state would allow a better/newer head unit, its just weighing up if he thinks repair only is better or consider an upgrade at the same time & make use of the time/cost outlay as best as possible, options are given, he can ask further questions on the matter.