Aux point diy help please ? !!!

alann84

Reaction score
Hi guys , Have decided to do an aux point diy on my a4 avant I have the concert stereo and have made up the aux point wiring but have struck an issue, when I hold down the cd button to select the cd changer that I'm connecting the aux wires to it says No CDC

Does this mean I need to get it coded using vag.com or do I have to have something connected to the aux for it to recognize the ext source ?

The radio will not recognise a set of wires, it needs to be fooled into thinking it has a CDC attached.

But how old is the car and what type of concert radio is it? single or double DIN?

The 2007 onwards double DIN concert/symphony II+ radios have an AUX port, it just needs coding.

It's a 2005 and has the concert 2 head unit I believe, I've had the radio coded to say it has a cd changer but still says no CDC I've connected to the cd-l and cd-r and s-gnd to the aux point, have I missed something does another pin out need o be connected to something ?

Hi Alan

What is it you are trying to fit?

A CD changer or a line in aux connection?

If its a cd changer then the changer doesn't use the aux in connections it uses it's own connections

If its the aux line in your trying to install so you can plug the jack into your iPod headphone socket then it uses the 3 aux connections on the back

Aux L
Aux R
Aux ground

When you code it in there's different options to choose if present

Cd changer
Phone module
Aux in

You have to code them in to tell the head unit what options are fitted

Last edited: