Laptop GPS??

rickquattro

Reaction score
Is it possible to use a laptop as an in-car GPS?

The satellite receivers are available as USB items? Software is available too....

Any opinions or ideas?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Go read up on mp3car.com and digital-car.co.uk

Destinator can be free if you know where to find the right dll file /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I use Autoroute 2005 and a USB laptop adapter, its very good and very accurate

Destinator Eh?? Any tips finding this Yaseen??

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Yaseen, off to have a look. I may be able to get destinator via Limewire.....

[/ QUOTE ]

naughty boy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

As destinator is a pda program you need to download mapmonkey or freedrive to run it.

Yaseen....That MP3car site... its just done my head in! Its a bit techy. I think I need to spend a bit of time reading stuff so it makes sense.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/book.gif

Back later. Oh and a for limewire...its rude not to...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

That mp3car.com is an amazing site. If you have a problem with a related program post and within a day some smart programmer will fix it. Love it.

www.mapmonkey.net has a simpler explanation but peservere with the site and you will find lots of stuff to use on you laptop. Its the future- Fiat will be putting in Microsoft`s carpc software in all cars staring next year and ford are testing too.

dudes on mp3car.com are working on many projects including bringing actual close up satelite pics on gps which will be stunning.

Also search on there under o2 for recent threads about o2 sims giving free gprs access to web meant for o2 employees.

Reccomend Roadrunner as a frontend shell as will load up quicker. (includes a few features which resulted due to me nagging the creator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif) Also don`t forget to use hibernate and maplins sell car adapters for laptops.