Concert CD headunit - S3

cclarke184

Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct part number for a concert cd head unit that would fit a 2001 210bhp S3.
I appear to have bought the wrong one. The part number on the one i bought is 8P0035186
and the seller said that it was from an A3/S3.
It looks to me like the top of the stereo is wider than the bottom.

i made the same mistake - you are better off going to the service dept of your nearest dealer with you chassis number and they will tell you the code for one that fits
it should start with the same code as your chassis does - an easy mistake as there are many many diff versions and revisions
i sold mine back on ebay and made 70quid profit so perhaps you will break even at worst

Cheers Mofo, i now need to find out what car the head unit i've got comes from.
Looks like its a phone call to the dealers and hope that they feel like being helpful.

i was shocked that my parts dept in bexley audi are great fellas - very helpful - the service and sales however would not want to bump into me in a dark alley as they are w*nkers

if i were you i would just post the model number on ebay and let any potential buyers do the leg work and check it fits - it is very model specific and even down to which week of production your car came off the line at so best leave it to them to check

[ QUOTE ]

Looks like its a phone call to the dealers and hope that they feel like being helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a sentence that was written with optimism!!!

Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
i was shocked that my parts dept in bexley audi are great fellas - very helpful - the service and sales however would not want to bump into me in a dark alley as they are w*nkers

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny isn't it? My experience with Bexley Audi was pretty much the opposite. I found the service reception ladies verey helpful when mine was in for the control arm replacement last winter, but when I needed advice from Parts about new shock absorbers, I'm not sure the guy avctually knew what a shock absorber was. Haven't had any dealings with the sales people.

Even though they're now only five minutes walk from home, I actually preferred dealing with them when they were Whitehouse at Dartford.