Yes Another HELP - I need a new headunit

SamA3

Reaction score
Okay so basically title says it all I want to install a new headunit to my A3 I have a concert 2 stereo but I also have a sub as standard in the boot. I have read many times this needs some special adapter although I have no clue what. Basically if I go to halfrauds tomorrow what lead adapters etc do I need to get this headunit working in my car.

Headunit: Halfords | Pioneer DEH-4400BT - CD Tuner with iPod/iPhone Control

Please bare in mind I will probs go to halfrauds for all the kit so if possible please make sure it's something they sell.

If you have a Concert II (single DIN) then you have the ISO wiring in your A3 so you need the PC9-410 RCA input adapter
You will also need a fascia adapter and ISO power antenna adapter for the aerial.
There is no switched live feed on your A3 so you will have to connect the red switched live to the permanent live and turn the HU on/off manually or buy a CANBUS emulator (£60) or wire in an ignition switched feed from the fusebox

Okay I'll just turn off manually I can sacrifice doing that every time but I'm confused what you mean by all the stuff you wrote haha I'm new to electronics and iCE