A4 with bose Concert 1? the tape player

Iceash

Reaction score
Hi all, I've get the full bose system in my avant. It's a fantastic system, but I just want to add a socket for 3.5mm female headphones. So I can play mp3 and so forth, also is it possible to add bluetooth as well?

Yes to both, connects2 will do the 3.5mm aux in connection and as for bluetooth, you can go any route, Nokia, Parrot etc.

By 3.5mm headphones, are you referring to an input or headphones themselves instead of audio going through the speakers?

Reactions: Iceash
In which case, this should be sufficient for what you need Audi A2 A3 A4 A6 A8 TT aux adapter lead 3.5mm jack in car radio iPod CTVADX001 | eBay

You'll also need a set of these to take your head unit out to plug this in AUDI CHORUS CONCERT CD STEREO REMOVAL KEYS PC5-132 X4 | eBay

This will show you how to take the stereo out Audi Stereo Removal and Install - YouTube

Hope this helps :icon_thumright:

Thanks very much, so does it plug into the wiring harness or the CD changer part then?

The red plug goes into your loom where your cd changer goes and the other end, straight into your Audi head unit.

In order to use the 3.5mm aux input, just press the cd changer button on your head unit and press play on your mp3 player or phone or whatever is connected to the 3.5mm jack lead.

Oh I likely a lot! also getting noise from the alternator, will that disappear when using this or will I need to have it suppressed?

You shouldn't be getting interference noise through your standard stereo, unless something is wrong.

I can't answer or advise on that issue, maybe someone may come along and advise :icon_thumright:

Hopefully so, someone had said to me that when using the radio, I'd pick up the alternator as it's wearing a bit, just needs to be suppressed.

If it is the head unit, what OEM options can I look at? Kinda like the DIS working :)

In which case a noise supressor should deal with that.

If it's the Audi A4 Concert single DIN, then if you need to replace it, then replace it with another one or a double DIN install (costly), both of these options can still retain the DIS, although personally I'm not bothered with it as I rarely look at it to see what track number is playing.

An aftermarket unit won't display or use the DIS so the top part will be blank, but an aftermarket unit like the Pioneer DEH-6400BT has built in bluetooth, sd card reader, usb input, ipod/iphone input inc charging, cd/mp3 and can change the colour of the buttons to match your car and if you want, the colour of the display to match your car. These unit retail at approx £150, plus adaptors (approx £10), plus harness for the Audi amps (approx £10).

In which case a noise supressor should deal with that.

If it's the Audi A4 Concert single DIN, then if you need to replace it, then replace it with another one or a double DIN install (costly), both of these options can still retain the DIS, although personally I'm not bothered with it as I rarely look at it to see what track number is playing.

An aftermarket unit won't display or use the DIS so the top part will be blank, but an aftermarket unit like the Pioneer DEH-6400BT has built in bluetooth, sd card reader, usb input, ipod/iphone input inc charging, cd/mp3 and can change the colour of the buttons to match your car and if you want, the colour of the display to match your car. These unit retail at approx £150, plus adaptors (approx £10), plus harness for the Audi amps (approx £10).

Would that still offer the great sound I'm currently getting?

Thanks for all this info. Very handy to know, oh it's a single din. How on earth do you convert to double din?

Would that still offer the great sound I'm currently getting?

Thanks for all this info. Very handy to know, oh it's a single din. How on earth do you convert to double din?

Yes it does.

Double DIN conversion involves a fair bit of dismantling, your centre console needs to come out, a new Double DIN cage will need to be purchased, and as your car is a B5, you may need new switches and possibly a new air con control panel, if you run a search on Audi A4 B5 Double DIN retrofit, you should find the amount of work involved if you take that route.

Reactions: Iceash
Thanks Slappy,

I've been reading up on changing the headunit and keep reading about buying the wrong harness and getting popping sounds or it's too loud and so forth. Do you get any of these issues?

Thanks mate,

Ash

Thanks Slappy,

I've been reading up on changing the headunit and keep reading about buying the wrong harness and getting popping sounds or it's too loud and so forth. Do you get any of these issues?

Thanks mate,

Ash

None whatsoever.

Mine works a treat.