looking for a top end head unit with matching red illumination.

darby7

Reaction score
hi all
i'm currently running a top end pioneer cd + changer in a multi amp system. i love the pioneer but it doesn't look that great in the audi with the orange buttons, light blue and green organic display all against the red audi look.
what i'm looking for is another top head unit with red illumination that matches the dash.
i need at least 2 pre outs with full internal sub control. i am used to high pass filters on the fronts and rears but i could live without this and run a crossover network.
is there anything out there that's worth a look old or new? thanks

alpine do one mp3/cd/ player 98**r i forget the number but you'll see it

, has 3 x 4 volt pre-outs and 'bass engine' sub woofer control, low pass high pass, centre frequency list goes onn, is abouot 200 quid very good, i have the previous model which is fantastic but like yours orange and blue display i may change to this newer one some day

the nakamichi cd 400 is nice but i need more features. this only has 1 preout i believe. thanks anyway

Another vote for the Mexico Pro - i used to have the older style one and it was great.

anyone got a ny pics of the mexico with facia adapter in an s3 ????
if i do get an after market unit this will be the one i think but worried about it looking good with the facia plate etc. etc.
any pics anybody ??

[ QUOTE ]
anyone got a ny pics of the mexico with facia adapter in an s3 ????
if i do get an after market unit this will be the one i think but worried about it looking good with the facia plate etc. etc.
any pics anybody ??

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll see if i can grab some tomorrow, although i dont have the fascia adapter yet - i got an aftermarket adapter and it didnt fit well at all

got to go and see my stealer to get some official audi bits which are meant to fit better!