Kenwood dnx7240bt

steveaudia3

Reaction score
hi, fitted Kenwood dnx7240bt to my a3 and the last owner changed the start up screen to subaru. i would like to change it to audi but cant find any info that will help. read a few where you have to press two buttons then reset to bring up oem start up screen but cant get anything to work. i have a usb ready to load new screen but need a bit of help,anyone had one ?

there must be a master reset button.
look at the manual.
i have the same but its not connected.
if you find no joy i can try and take some pics
of the manual.

looked all the way through it and nothing said about it . only reset is the pen point push button on the left . I have tried this but I think you have to press another two buttons at the same time ?

Reset on its own just restores factory settings, think you have to press & hold "Source" & "Eject" at the same time and while holding them in press reset then wait for lights to go out, then release the buttons. This should restore the Kenwood splash screen, or you can upload your own from a USB stick root directory, jpg 480 x 234dpi

thats nice to know.
by the way i might need your help soon.
my kenwood dnx7240 has been sitting in my room for almost one year
and i might want to fit it to my car soon.
ive got a few questions to ask you.
1). what type of stereo did your audi come with and what year was the car registered.
2). what type of connector cable or adaptor did you use to maintain steering wheel control
and use of the audi subwoofer.

please let me know as you can.