symphony 2 aux in questions

dvalve1

Reaction score
Hi guys, i want to add aux in on a symphony 2 h/u with bose from a 56 plate a3. I recently purchased an simple 3.5mm jack to white block connector on ebay for a3 models 06 onwards but when removing the h/u it has nowhere to go, am i missing something or have the wrong style connection (2 cables going into a 12 hole white block) even if the adaptor was a mini iso connector( which states 2003-2005/6) i still cannot see where it would sit as the only area which is currently free of wiring is the b connector area which looks like speaker connections which i assume aren't used due to them passing through the bose setup.

Can the simple cable i have be adapted to sit where it needs to be. I need no other functionality except giving me sound from an ipod/ ext source without having to resort to fm transmitters. Iv'e come across a thread on here for a connect 2
CTVADX001 and 002
is this what i need and if so im still struggling with where they connections would sit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Symphony II is ISO connectors and has no AUX in
Symphony II+ is quadlock and has the AUX input and 12 pin connector you have.

Which unit do you have? the sym II has a tape deck.

I think these are the units that use the CD Changer connection for another external source, such as AUX/USB/SD etc.

I think the white plug may be used in the Quadlock connection types from 2007+ in Concert/Symphony II+

You need a Connects2 or Dension unit in order to get AUX IN on a Symphony 2 (via the changer input). It's not just a wiring adapter, it requires some electronics to fool the HU into thinking it has a CD changer attached in order to allow you to select it as a valid source. There aren't any Audi ISO HU's that have an AUX in ready to go, they all have to use the CD changer port and therefore need a box of tricks in order to work.