CAN hi and lo for Nav+

larsmate

Reaction score
Sorry Moderator, this post should have been here and not in Tech Talk.

I have a MY01 S3 and have installed the Nav+ which is working a treat. I also have the TMC box to connect to the CAN hi and lo in the DIS. Only problem is there are no wires in pin 5 and pin 6 in the grey connector which I undertand to be the CAN hi and lo. Anyone have an idea as to an alternative or do I have the wrong information?

i'll check my paperwork and get back to you - mine had no wires in either - i had to remove the instrument module and put in the wires but it all works fine

[ QUOTE ]
i had to remove the instrument module and put in the wires but it all works fine

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Dunk, I was hoping I could still just attach the hi and lo to pin 5 and 6 without there already being wires there. I just didn't want to cause any damage. When you say the Instrument module do you mean the cluster itself or a seperate part of the cluster? Anyhow I look forward to your reply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's working! Even though there are no wires in pin 5 and 6 (which some cars do have) I just put new pins in with the CAN hi and lo wires from the TMC.