CD Changer wiring

InSoMnIa

Reaction score
hi all hope you can help,

Ive have purchased a 6 disc multichanger to fit into my glove box (8E0 035 111), and i need to connect it to my head Concert II Head unit, ive looked at serveral pages searching for the correct wiring diagram but to no avail, please can some one point me in the right direct, upto yet i have a cable which came from a bora i had a few years ago but has seen better days, so my aims are to jiggle the wires about so they are in the right order to work.

right here what ive got
Head unit
pin function
10 cd-ground
13 data - out
14 data - in
15 clk
16 + switched
17 us+
18 Audio Ground
19 cd-r
20 cd-l

changer
1brown
2red
3green
4yellow
5---
6blue
7black
8purple
9white
10orange
11grey
12------

can anybody help link these together ?

Far easier to just buy the right cable
This is the pinout for the stock Audi changer but I wouldn't trust the colour coding as Audi like to change it just to keep everyone on their toes. You could easily right off the changer and possibly the HU if you wire it up incorrectly.
AudiCDchangerpinouts-1.jpg

I'm also looking to add the same changer (8E0 035 111) in my glovebox, does anyone know the Audi part number for the lead to connect to a Concert or Symphony II+ head unit ? I have asked a dealer but he just tells me that the Autochanger will only fit the RNS-E.

The glovebox part number would also be handy if possible for an 09 plate car with Soul Black interior.

Thanks in advance to all.

Thanks both - cable sorted :icon_thumright:

Still struggling with part number for the changer itself, so far I have three to choose from 8E0 057 111 D, 8E0 057 111 A(X) and 1Z0 035 111. All of these claim to fit the A3 but I suspect at least one to be optical and incorrect. Will do some thread searching .....

hi all hope you can help,

Ive have purchased a 6 disc multichanger to fit into my glove box (8E0 035 111), and i need to connect it to my head Concert II Head unit, ive looked at serveral pages searching for the correct wiring diagram but to no avail, please can some one point me in the right direct, upto yet i have a cable which came from a bora i had a few years ago but has seen better days, so my aims are to jiggle the wires about so they are in the right order to work.

right here what ive got
Head unit
pin function
10 cd-ground
13 data - out
14 data - in
15 clk
16 + switched
17 us+
18 Audio Ground
19 cd-r
20 cd-l