how to remove lower dash panels in 2009 A3 ?

RST

Reaction score
Hi There

after now deciding to replace my front speakers i need a guide to show me how to remove lower dash panels on drivers and passengers sides and also the panels to the side so i can access the speaker wires and install new crossovers for the new speakers.

does the standard speaker setup (non Bose) have crossovers, if so where are they placed as i could mount the new crossovers next to them.

what are the speaker cable colours for front right, front left and tweeters so i can trace them as i believe that running new cable through the grommets where the door wiring looms are is impossible.

Thanks

The easiest way to pick up the feeds is run a new front speaker harness from the HU, this feeds the crossovers. Then feed the output from the crossover back to the Audi front speaker harness at the HU to feed the front woofers. You can buy a male to female harness from Maplins for £5, this will give you both the female ISO for the HU and the male ISO to plug into the Audi harness. The tweeter feed from the crossover goes straight to the tweeter as this can be easily rewired to the A pillar. You only then need to remove the glovebox and the trim under the steering wheel. This also means you can then revert to stock easily as all the wiring is intact. When you disconnect the stock tweeter ensure you isolate the wires so they can't short out on each other or the bodywork.

Cheers Andy
I will just unbolt what I see and gently pull the panels to remove as I cannot find any exploded diagrams or guides to do this.

I might try and run new speaker cables into doors and a pillar, see how I go.

Ta