Revo DAB Adaptor

bampy

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these or knows someone that has. I want DAB in the car, but I do not want to replace the original unit as I think it looks good in the car.

You can plug this unit into the existing stereo and you can receive DAB broadcasts.

Here's the link:

www.gsdnav.co.uk

Looks impressive but do you really want that cheap looking box cluttering up the dash with associated wires all over the place, when you seem so concerned about changing the look of the existing head unit?
Also it would only work via the antenna input method as the only Aux input on Audi HU's is via CD changer input, which you then have to fool the HU into thinking it has a CD changer connected, so you'd need to buy some more hardware to do this.
Connecting it via antenna will mean you won't get the additional sound quality that DAB offers, but I guess if you're happy with the SQ of the OEM system then this wouldn't be a big concern.

It's certainly a cheap alternative to a dedicated DAB HU or DAB ready HU with separate receiver. But it's a bit like connecting your discman to your car HiFi via a tape adapter.