Recommend a HU with bluetooth + ipod connection £200 max

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some recommendations for an aftermarket HU that has bluetooth (not needing other wires, mics, holders, etc) and ipod connection (at rear preferably) that I can route to the glovebox please?

Looking at budget of £200 max but don't mind picking up a used one either

Thanks

Alpine do one I think. I used a 9885 in my a4. Didn't have bluetooth but could control my iPhone from it no probs. Was also phone ready with an extra cable so...

Pioneer Deh-7300bt USB at front but sounds great and has parrot Bluetooth kit.
Try eBay for good price, you'll have plenty of change from your £200.

Right I've narrowed it down to these units. Incorporated bluetooth and no external ipod wiring in the Sony unit are very appealing though

Alpine IDA-X311RR Media receiver - IDA-X311RR from Alpine

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

Alpine CDE-126BT

Sony DSX-S300BTX CD Mech-Less Bluetooth Unit with iPod Dock - DSX-S300BTX from Sony

...... am I going to need an adapter harness as well for these HU? Sorry but it's been a few years since I last installed a HU in a car :)

I've got a Sony one in mine, rather than use an iPod, I've bought a micro USB flash drive which only sticks out of the front USB port by 5mm and isn't noticeable.

You'll need to run a switched live feed from the fuse box, which is dead easy to do.

If your existing stereo has ISO, then no adaptor leads are required.