Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A3 2005 concert HU replacement - what do i need / any advice?

Hi all -

Am currently in possession of a 2005 A3 Sportback with a regular single-din Concert II CD player.

The car came with a dension icelink plus, which doesnt charge or take calls for my iphone 4.

I have tried adding a 5v adaptor, but is a bit messy and would still like something that would route my calls through the speakers.

I dont know what would be best but would prefer something with some form of bluetooth functionality, plus A2DP for streaming music.

I was thinking of the following JVC package (don't want anything too obtrusive - this has red illumination etc), which includes a BT adaptor etc (£85 approx all in)

JVC KD-R321 CD/MP3 Head Unit with JVC KS-BTA100 Bluetooth Adaptor

The question i'm asking - what else would i need? i.e. fascia adaptor, audio adaptors, antenna adaptor etc? I don't have steering wheel controls so dont have to worry about those.

Failing that - would anyone offer any other advice that wouldnt be too pricey but would allow me to keep the concert player? (thinking parrot etc).

Thanks in advance for the help - on't have a bloody clue!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    You'd just need a PC9-404 adapter to feed the rear RCA into the Audi rear amp loom, then fascia adapter and ISO antenna amp adapter
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers Andy - much appreciated.

Judging from your recent posts - you seem to be a man in the know regarding all things ICE - d'you think this would be a satisfactory way to go with the JVC and bluetooth adaptor? Or would there be anything else you'd advise - Parrot / anything else?

Thanks again!

Reverse Gear

Status

Update*

Folks - thanks for help so far.

I have decided to leave the KD-R321 as the Bluetooth is only active when the HU is switched to the AUX mode. Therefore I wouldn't receive a Bluetooth call through the speakers if I was listening to a Cd/Radio.

With that in mind, I've decided to look at the same range, but with inbuilt Bluetooth, and changeable colour scheme to match the lights in the cabin, the R821BT:

JVC KD-R821BT CD MP3 Car Stereo Built in Bluetooth Handsfree KDR821BT USB Receiv

It has three different RCA pre-outs, but suppose it would just be the same adaptors that AndyMac mentioned, with the one needed to connect to the rear speakers?

A further question, is there any difference to the fascia trim adaptors? I want something as close to OEM as possible, so would you recommend one over any other (from a particular shop/site etc?)