Low level input wiring pigtails

SiGainey

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get some low level input wiring harnesses? I'm trying to do a neat install from the Bose Sub plug and take the line outs and remote on from the plug directly to the amp. I will use spade connectors at the plug end but the amp end needs a quad block.... I've tried ebay but no joy :(

What exactly are you trying to do and on what car? Picking up the line outs and remote on from the Bose sub plug I understand, not sure what else you need?

Sorry mister, it's an s3 8L.

There's a quad connector that goes into the amp (I'm using an infinity basslink for now). I need the connector that goes into the amp, about 2cm square but I don't know what they are called to try find them! Got any spare kicking about?

I was just going to use individual spade connectors into the Bose connector, unless you there is a part number for the other half of the connector?

You mean the connector that plugs into the BassLink?
Thought they just used normal RCA inputs. The only plugs used are for speaker level input which you won't be using anyway as the signal off the Bose plug is line level. Just cut one end off an RCA cable, strip it back, solder the blades onto the core signal wires and the screens. Plug these into the Bose sub plug and then the RCA ends plug into the BassLink

Ok, so I am getting somewhere with this :) chopped the ends off an RCA. Am getting something to the sub but it's sounding a bit rubbish to be honest. So:
- do I need to use the screen AND the signal wires from the Bose wiring connector?
- do I need to use certain colour wire connectors in certain pins in the connector?

Yes and yes or you could just plug them into random locations and just hope it works!
BosePinouts.jpg

Left & right pre-outs and both screens otherwise you'll only be getting half a signal.

Hmm, confused.com :( wired the 4 signal and shield wires from the connector and it sounded poop. So, I tried wiring with a new RCA cable direct from the back of the head unit to the sub and it sounded great, so I stuck with that. Where did I go wrong?

So you are using an aftermarket HU?
That would have been useful to know.
Would never recommend using the Audi wiring when you don't have to.
If you are using a speaker input harness to link the non Audi HU to the Bose main amp then this will introduce distortion and interference which would explain the issue.