JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi Symphony 2 upgrade

Has anyone upgraded an Audi concert stereo with a Symphony 2 unit. I have bought a Symphony 2 unit only to be advised that its not possible. Any suggestions please . I have a 2003 A4 Avant (B6)

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

Re: Audi Symphony 2 upgrade

Everything's possible, there's a few members who've done it, but you need to get hold of a double DIN centre console and move the climate control down etc IIRC. A lot of work.

1st Gear

Status

is that the difference between having a double or single din unit? the size of the climate control unit?

Status

I've only read about it on here so can't really remember, it just seemed like a pig of a job to me for very little benefit. I think the cc controller unit comes as part of the centre console but I could be wrong.

4th Gear

Status

you need to have a different climate control facia that fits the bottom of the central consol. its not just a case of moving the existing one down.. also you need the cage for the double din HU.

Its not too much work if you get the correct parts.

also... do you actually have the correct symphony HU for your car?

a2/a3/a4/a6 symphonys were all slightly different and wont fit if you have the wrong one

Reverse Gear

Status

Cheers, I believe I have the correct one it was for a 2001-2004 model A4. Now I know its possible I will price the parts

1st Gear

Status

Bry,
    Live in Hereford so if you want it fitted let me know or send me a PM.

Reverse Gear

Status

Has anyone here had any great success with this and willing to give me advice on it? I'd love to get my Chorus Cassette updated to a Symphony 2 but have been told it can't be done too. I had been thinking a Concert 2 would be all I could go for until I read the above comments.

Thanks.

Status

Out of interest can I ask why you want to do this?
    It seems a lot of work for the same result as fitting a relatively cheap CD changer in the boot, or actually performing a proper upgrade and getting much better sound with a DAB radio/MP3 player.

Reverse Gear

Status

Have to agree with Andy, having gone through the hassle of actually trying to fit a single DIN Alpine HU to my S3 that had a Symphony.

Its easy to get the fascia adapters for a Concert etc. (single DIN) so if I were you I'd go for a better aftermarket HU - you could get so much more for your money/hassle than trying to modify the car to take a Symphony.

3rd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Has anyone here had any great success with this and willing to give me advice on it? I'd love to get my Chorus Cassette updated to a Symphony 2 but have been told it can't be done too. I had been thinking a Concert 2 would be all I could go for until I read the above comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to do this I have a Symphony six disc in dash unit collecting dust under my desk. Its from my A3, with codes and OEM manual. Removed from my car by Craigyb to fit a nav system. Works with BOSE also...

Rick

Neutral

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Has anyone upgraded an Audi concert stereo with a Symphony 2 unit. I have bought a Symphony 2 unit only to be advised that its not possible. Any suggestions please . I have a 2003 A4 Avant (B6)

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this link. It contains the details to convert from a concert to an RNS SAtNav+ but uses the double din cage etc and has all the instructions and part nos. With a little bit of alteration this might suit you. Very comprehensive!!!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bah.bah1/index.htm