any dension experts?

jpda4

Reaction score
just purchased and installed a gateway 300 units. into a B7 A4, my question is there a way of displaying info on the radio ?
currently displays cd 1- 6 and track # in centre, DIS scrolls the track name. Is this the only information i am going to get or is there a combination of buttons needed to press to configure the display
so far i am only using the USB input with an 8GB key, will this make a difference

one more thing the interface cable was to short to route into the glove box so all stuffed behind the radio and AC unit, with 2 cables run to glovebox. Ideally would like to make an extension cable, maplin or halfords dont sell the components to make up the 18 pin connection
any idea where i could get the bits or do i just leave it as it is and run the 3rd output cable (aux) into the glovebox also

cheers

No it is not possible to display anything on the radio. The GW300 works by intercepting the can bus signals from the radio and converting them to sensible signals to send to the cluster for Ipod/USB operation. Nothing is sent back to the radio and the radio has no way of displaying anything as the CD port does not support text.

thanks for the reply
information off the DIS is enough to get by

after a few issues this is now in a drawer,
occassional 'sticking' / distorted play back, with the only way to resolve been; switch off not ideal when driving or change to cd player then fm and back on to gateway playback
twice radio didnt start with ignition on but worked on the limited 2hr radio power, which meant when stopped the car and removed key radio kept playing (not ideal on xmas morning having to take head unit out)
may be these issues are due to using mp3 loaded onto a 8gb usb key, dont want to 'waste' more money on an ipod would rarely use

also noticed when listening to the radio, instead of the radio station been displayed in the DIS, it held the last tune played using the gateway

any advice greatfully recieved