Concert stero problem

RobMorris

Reaction score
Chaps

Ive removed the standard amp/woofer/rear speakers and ive replaced the loom that goes into the back of the stereo with an RCA output to use my own amp...
But ive noticed that I now need to manually turn on/off the stero (IE doesnt come on when i start the car) and the button lights do not come on when i turn my headlights on... The normal display lights are ok.

What say you?

Cheers

The "ignition on" on the Concert is controlled by the CANBUS, which you have removed as its the centre section on the 20 pin mini ISO you have to unplug to allow you to plug in the RCA adapter. You need a passthru adapter that splits this connector into three sections, so you can retain the CANBUS section.

Curious, but assume the rca adapter is plugged into the 1st section of the 3 block connector, does the adapter still have the 2nd section as part of so it has holes to insert pins into but is currently empty, if so then you could effectively remove the canbus pins from the old connector & insert into the new or even reuse old connector & remove the output pin wires used on original car wiring & insert the new aftermarket amp pins, just trying to find a way you can get done without buying an adapter in from the states, so no delays.

Obviously Andy knows the connectors better, but you can buy a pin removal tool or use a very thin pin like object to push the pins out & then insert into said holes, that way all works without more adapters no?

Unfortunately the BLAU RCA adapter is just the yellow section on it's own (so you can slide it onto the older style multicoloured multisection 20 pin mini ISO). You could try to swap the wires from the adapter back to the original loom as NHN suggests but you do need a special tool which is about $70 IIRC. The old paper clip method doesn't work on the mini connectors.
Rob, I've just ordered half a dozen of the PIE adapters, so can supply one to you for £12 delivered to avoid the ridiculous delivery charges from the states. Let me know. It's not urgent as you can happily continue turning it on/off manually although it will turn itself off after an hour

This is true, kit with 8 removal tools is now about £70, well worth the money, but unless you're doing it day in/out, maybe not a wise spend, so take Andy up on his offer, which is a generous one I have to say :)