Amping the front door speakers

RobMorris

Reaction score
Chaps

Is it easy enough to run speaker wire so I can amp uo the front speakers of a A3 8P 3dr?

Is there a 'how to'?

Cheers

Just pick up the feed from the existing wiring. There's no way through the door pillars as all the wires are on a connector which is impossible to get to

Understood, I guess just locate the loom from inside the cabin close to where it goes through the rubber into the door and do a 'cut and shut'?

Do you have Bose or non Bose?
for non Bose it's easy, as you can pick up the feeds from the connector at the HU. No cutting required. Depends if you are upgrading the front speakers as well (no real point doing it without as the stock speakers are garbage) as the tweeters are in the A pillars rather than the doors so you need to separate the wiring if using components with a separate crossover

I have non bose.
Good call grabbing it from the HU.
Im running SPL Dynamics SD6.2 in the front doors and wiring them up to an amp in the boot..

Would amping the front speakers make a huge difference ?

Absolutely, but you do need both - amping the stock speakers doesn't really help as they are shockingly poor.
If you have non Bose then just buy a male-female ISO speaker lead (£4.99 from maplins) and then plug one end into the Audi front speaker harness, the other end into the HU then chop the 2 pairs of outside wires and connect the new speaker cable to the HU side observing the correct polarities. If your aftermarket HU has flying leads for the speaker outputs then you don't need to do this, but many just have an 8 pin ISO plug, so this avoids chopping the Audi loom.