HOW TO REMOVE A CONCERT WITHOUT KEYS!

A

AndyCollins

I have seen numerous posts in the past asking how to get hold of the keys needed to remove a Concert Radio. I nearly brought them myself, untill I found the following on Audi-World and gave it a try. It works, and took me about 10secs to get it out. I very nearly paid a local car hifi shop a fiver to take it out for me, glad I didn't! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Method:

The stock radio is a standard DIN mount (both the Bose and non-Bose versions use the same
head unit), except that the face panel is wider than that of a standard DIN radio.
The radio is held in place by a spring clip at the bottom of each side. To free a
clip, stick something flat (like a nail file) into one of the slots at the bottom
of the radio. Angle the tool so that as you insert it, it travels outward. Once it
is in about an inch or two, straighten the tool...you're trying to catch the outside
of the spring clip and pull it inward, so that it clears the frame and allows the
radio to be pulled forward. The radio will slide forward when both clips are held inward.

don't mess it up. i did inprovising and ended up ripping the face of the head unit off with a screwdriver to expose the clips. once they're bent in you'll have a serious headache!!!

Keys are around a tenner if you can find someone selling them. Even Bristol Audi couldn't supply them to me. Local Halfords were useless. Only place I could find that could supply them wanted £8.99 and said they were on back order and would be at least 2 weeks. I couldn't wait that long as I had received my ICE-Link that morning and was keen to fit it! 10min surfing the web and hey presto!

I ordered mine on at 9:15 on a friday morning Friday, so was hoping it would be delivered on the Monday. Unfortunately it didn't arrive untill wednesday, but I think this was because the lead time on the Brodit mounting was a bit longer.

Nail file method works a like a dream...Just be very gentile. Put files in the slots angling from the center of the unit to the outside of the unit once inserted then reverse

I used my kenwood supplied ones twice today and they worked a charm, although concert unit is back in as getting a pop through the sub on every track change.
back to the drawing board, but yeah, kenwood keys work a treat