GPS receiver

deano16v

Reaction score
chaps/chapettes. got a facelift 00 B5 and i have a mobile phone with TomTom pre installed on it etc. I need to buy a GPS receiver to get it fully working etc but was just wondering with all the heat insulating galss etc will one work in my car?

TIA

Hi

I fitted Nav + recently, I fitted the GPS receiver under the dash, apparently it can see thro plastics, it is ok with glass too, previously I used a PDA which I had no probs with.

I think your only problem might be if you have a heated windscreen, if thats the case im pretty sure a shark fin GPS can be adapted to fit your PDA.

HTH

i dont think mine has a heated screen to be honest. I tried out a Rikala BT receiver and couldnt get a signal with it anywhere in the car, took it out and tried it in my 205 and got a signal straight away. Perhaps i'll need to get a receiver with an external arial then.

Cheers chaps

I've got a quick question regarding mounting the reciever in the boot with a constant power supply.

Does this effecty battery life (long term) if it is constantly powered? I was gonna do this with my BT Tomtom GPS reciever but the manual said not to! I occasionaly use the reciever in another car so the battery is quite usefull for me.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Rich.