Will this music reader interface work on concert 3?

griffin

Reaction score
Hello.
I came across this DMC usb/card reader with aux on ebay and i was wondering if this would work on my concert 3 because it doesnt say specifically on the page which radios it works with, only car models and it does say mine (audi a3 8p) but that might not mean it works.
Also if anybody has any feedback on this device and if it works good, please let me know.
Thanks

No one? Isn't there anyone with this or that has tested it or at least can tell if its suitable for the concert III?

---
Also found this one right now : Link to ebay(translated)
From what i have seen they have different type of pin connectors, one has 8 ( the first one) and this one has 12 but both say they fit my radio concert 3 so i don't know which one is the correct one.

Last edited:
The concert 3 has a quadlock connection, thats got the older iso connections, you'd need an adapter to make that work.

Thanks for the reply.
So what i would need is something like this right?

Audi ISO harness wiring adapter lead CT20AU01 quadlock | eBay

But i have been looking at the pictures of the interface and it seems to have a cable like that in this picture:
DMB-8Pin+20Pin-01.jpg

Both of the ebay sells i posted have this adapter that says that its for 8 pin and 20 pin connection.

They mean the 8 pin blue connector on its own or the 20 pin blue, green & yellow as pic shows both, that is not a quadlock in the pic above, ideally, you'll need an adapter that has the 12 pin quadlock connector plugin & the 8 pin connector for the blue connector to plug in or you could end up with several quadlocks & adapters at rear of radio & it all gets a bit messy.

There is probably an adapter available to do such things, but I prefer less adapters as possible, ask the seller if they have a quadlock equivalent.

Thanks for your reply and help!
I have been looking at some more ebay listings on devices like this and found one from a more reliable store and that it does say it has quadlock from what i understood as well as mentions my radio ( but that doesn't always means it works right away). If you can take a look at it here is the link : USB SD MP3 Wechsler CD Adapter Audi Symphony Concert 3 | eBay

Also, i took this picture from the listing :

VW_12P.jpg

This is the one that works right away without adapters right?

Also, i don't have any keys/tools to remove the radio and since this don't include them, i was think of getting these:

PC5-132%20NEW.jpg

( From Here )
Will they work or thats not the ones i should get?

Well thats the plug for the quadlock so based on the item, it should work fine, it may need coding to tell it the changer is connected, only 1 way to find out :)

Keys should be ok, just dont pull to hard or they may bend & get stuck, I have a set for many cars that are more robust.

Thanks for all the help. I will probably get the keys since i don't have any and its just for this time. They are cheap so there might be a possibility of that happen ( they cost around 3$) so i will probably get them.
Now coding part was a surprise because not only i didn't know that it might be needed but also i dont have a VAG-COM cable for it but i guess i can go to the shop that takes care of my care and ask them to code it.
By the way, does you or any other user here has any feedback on the brand of the interface ( Yatour)? Or they are basically all the same?

Dont know that brand sorry, also it may work out of the box, so just advising it may require minor coding, you can either goto your car shop, ask a member with vcds on here local to you to code it or buy vcds yourself.

Ok. I will look into it or even ask the store that is selling that interface if they now if it needs codding or not.
Thank you so much for all the help!:thumbsup:

Which one did you opt for and did you have any issues? Thanks in advance.