Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Where is the standard amp in the boot ?

Hi I have fitted a aftermarket hu and the rear speakers are quite as a mouse! Have the correct cables all in half amplified . So the option now is to either rewire the speakers direct or replace the amp and run the speakers from that. So where in the boot do I find the amp on a 55plated a4 1.8t cabriolet . Any help would be appreciated ! A photo would be good as I can't fun one anywhere! Thanks mj.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    It should be behind the boot trim on the drivers side wheelarch, might be different on a cabrio though, but that's where it is on all A4's I've seen.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status
    Thanks Andy i'll try and check tomorrow if i get a chance might take a pic and post for others. Am i right in thinking as the dvd head unit ive had installed will not work the rear amp to give any decent sound? it plays through the rear but the front is twice as loud? no amp i'm guessing? also what the answer to the radio signal being shocking ? using a amp transmitter on it , Once againthanks for your knowledge on this item !
    mj

Status
    It's twice as loud at the front because the fronts are driven off the HU. The new HU will have at least twice the power of the stock Audi 2 x 20w HU but you still have only 2 x 20w from the rear amp. Drive the rears off the HU, twice the power and better quality. You just have to run speaker cable from the HU to the boot and then you can pick up the rear speakers from the connector from the Audi amp. Should be the same as the B6 amp:

This diag may have the +ve & -ve's reversed as I used it recently and had to swap them over as the rears were cancelling the bass from the fronts.
    The aerial needs an antenna amp adapter on it in order to power the aerial amp. Check it has one and that the blue flying lead is connected to a switched 12v feed i.e. power antenna or remote on on the new HU.
    AAN2122 Active Aerial adaptor
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status
    Thanks I used a amp aerial off the original cable not the small yellow one they said to use picked up a stereo signal straight away and tmc for gps . Just need to rewire the rear speakers which Im hoping isn't to hard to do!

Neutral

Status
    Hi how do I get to replace the rear speakers? I took the rear seat out then I couldn't see where to go Next? I'mTrying to replace them and also the sub which I have no idea where it is or how to get to it?? I thought there were bound to be a website showing how to but searched the web and nothing?Thanks in advance if you can help!Mj

Status
    Alex Turner