mini-ISO Pin removal tool

AsifG

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to remove some of the wires from one of the blocks going into my Symphony HU.

I know I can do it with a minature screwdriver etc, but does anyone know where I can get the correct tool to remove the pins? If anyone know the correct name for it that would help too!!!

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hi Andy,

That won't work in this case!

I bought a CD Changer cable for my Symphony unit from a fellow AS.net member (off a TT) but we had to wire it into the bigger ISO block to enable it to plug in.

But....

The cable doesn't appear to work!

I just noticed that the code for the cable I've got is 8N8 970 114A. I've been informed I need 4B0 051 735 - although I'm not sure what the difference between the two is!

I therefore need to remove the CD Changer cable in order for me to fit it's replacement into the main block. If anyone has the wiring diagram for the pins it could help - we may have a couple of wires the wrong way round!

Thanks again

Have you got 3 multi coloured mini ISO connectors (blue, green & yellow) which can be seperated, or one single black one?
The wiring diagram is on top of the HU.

on the side of the iso block if theres a yellow square get a pick and pull it out its a retaining bar all the iso pins will become removable then

i used some staples with one end bent staight - push them into the grooves infront and behind each of the pin holes - this folds back the metal wings that lock the pins in.

then pull firmly on the wire and it should come out! you may have to try several different sizes of staple to find one that fits around the pins.