Adding bass to the Concert system

RobMorris

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have an A3 8P 3dr with the Concert CD player.

I have subs and amps of all sizes and will be building my own enclosure to suit.

Do I have an Amp and Sub as standard in my car?
And is it easy enough to use the stock stereo and wiring to add in my own amp and sub?
What kit do I need to take from the standard wiring to create RCA and remote?
Assume I will need to run a new power/earth as per normal?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

All 8P's have a subwoofer unless you have the real entry level version with no rear speakers. Wiring up an additional amp depends if you have Bose or not. With non Bose the sub amp is inside the tupperware sub and also powers the rear speakers. The Bose system has a 6 channel amp, of which 2 channels run the sub, so you can disconnect it and not lose the cabin speakers.
A lot of the info you need is here, including running power through the bulkhead:
http://freepdfhosting.com/6b28e2fdcb.pdf

Andy - How much can you do your RCA/Remote loom for mate?
Im using my standard non Bose Concert HU and then want to build my own sub/amp enclosure.
Ive read your instructions so know how/where to run power and earth cables.
...I just need the loom for the RCAs and remote.
Cheers

The RCA loom is really for the Bose system. With non Bose you can run proper RCA's direct from HU as you are going to lose the rear speakers anyway. You need to check whether you have ISO or Quadlock on the back of the HU. Audi changed to Quadlock from approx 2005 on.
If ISO then you need one of these:
Hama Adapter Mini ISO 6-pin - 4 RCA (phono) Sockets - - fotemia.de

Not sure if they do the same for Quadlock

Great cheers mate - home comes there is 2 sets of RCAs on that loom? Just in case you run 2 amps?