EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Bluetooth car kit and BOSE

I've had two opinions from reputable ICE suppliers... One says that because I have BOSE I need a separate speaker for a Bluetooth car kit, the other says they can use the cars speakers. Who is right? BTW, both agree that the system can be muted when a call comes in.

Both recommend the Parrot system, especially as this displays the 'phone contact list. Anything else I should consider?

Thanks,
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_Skywalker

Re: Bluetooth car kit and BOSE

El Dingo,

I am currently looking into this for my car. There is a thread about this in the (new) A3 forum and also a link to a bulletin board that is all about car hands free kits.

I have asked my dealer to activate phone muting on my satnav unit via Vagcom before I collect the car. I am then going to have a Nokia bluetooth kit fitted. I think that to have the sound come out of the car's speakers an adapter is required but this is not yet available.

Reverse Gear

Status

i can help with this guys blue tooth has nothing to do with bose and dosnt matter what head unit you use the only difference would be the mute ing lead to either have a separate speaker or a lead to put it through the stereo
    the stereo option is always best better louder quality

imported_Skywalker

How much for the lead for the Audi DVD based RNS-E unit to mute and then use the car's Bose speakers?

Neutral

Status

what sort of cabling will I need to connect a bluetooth kit to a concert head unit? (with 6 cd changer in glovebox, if that makes any difference)

Reverse Gear

Status

you have a number of choices if your clever you can do it ya self with an i s o block cut in half . if you remove the stereo youll see a standard i s o block horizontaly .to the side of this is a virtical block bottom one is the mute above that is a + and - sign these are for the speaker input from thephone kit . head units using these will mute the radio when the kit recieves a call and puts the kit audio through the stereo ..
    you may find on some models only the front mutes and plays the phone sound this is different to the wireing for the amplifier
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    alexcarter24@hotmail.com
    ascaudio < (yahoo) if you need help guys add me ill send you pics