Bose booming

PhilMD

Reaction score
I've just got a 2008 A3/8P Cabrio, with Symphony (III?) and Bose, but finding it massively boomy and muddy, even with the Bass set to almost zero.

I'm used to decent bass (from a good home cinema setup, not Bose ;-) ) so I know it's not entirely right. No comments please about Bose not being as good as an aftermarket setup; that may be true, but I can't believe it's this bad for a premium option.

It sounds as though the eq is all wrong, as though the head unit isn't aware of the Bose setup. To back this up, Gala is available in the setup menu, which it shouldn't be with Bose?

Is there any way I can verify things are setup right, and fix the EQ (the commonly available 'hidden EQ' settings are only on Symphony I?)

Phil

I pulled the head unit at the weekend, and found that the Bose wire wasn't connected, as that connector had been disconnected and replaced by a Dension Gateway (without a loop-through harness). I've now replaced that Dension with one with a loop-through harness and CAN support to get display on the DIS.

The EQ still isn't great ("no highs, no lows, it must be Bose"), but an improvement on before.

Phil

Bose is not great TBH, I was convinced there was something wrong, but then heard another. I'd previously been running full Alpine system with DVC 12" sealed box sub, X type components and V12 Amps.

Wasnt going to tear the Audi apart like I did my Leon, so went for Bose compromise, but with unresonated performance exhaust you can barely hear anything other than tizz / Woolley boom unless you really crank it up.