Blaupunkt DAB54 vs Bose - wiring queries (One for AndyMac?)

FactionOne

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi All,

I've just had a go at dropping my Blaupunkt DAB54 into my 99 B5 Avant...

I found a couple of (related) problems...

I ordered fascia and aerial adapters (plus an Aux-In flylead), but didn't bother with a harness adapter as the DAB54 has mini-ISO blocks (as the Concert) for amplifier output.

Anyway... My first problem was that I couldn't get the antenna adapter power pin into the ISO plug on the car's harness (seems to be a slightly different slider/lock design), and because there's one big block for the mini-ISO ones (which are actually three), I can't connect the Aux-In block and the block with amp connections at the same time.

So at this point I'm thinking about a harness adapter, just so I can butcher it to my needs without damaging anything on the car...

This idea gained weight when it became apparent that things might not be quite so pin-compatible anyway, as when I put the headlights on the DAB54 made a noise that sounded like it was getting 12V somewhere where it really didn't expect it.

So... Can anyone recommend a harness to suit a 99 A4 with Bose (seems to be fully amplified, because without the top (mini-ISO) block connected, I heard nothing))... which I can bodge to suit the DAB54 better?...

Cheers,

Rob.

PS> Also noticed some hiss on the amp, and it did pop when I rolled the volume down to 0 (but not when it comes back up) - just in case that's worth knowing.