will cdrw discs work in Bose Symphony system

aagallarini

Reaction score
I've burned a few cdrw discs but they won't play in my S4s Bose system. Is there a fix, or will it just not work?

Should work, they play OK on all Audi CD changers. Are you using music CD-R's? If so try burning one at a slower speed.
It won't play MP3's just oldstyle music CD WAV's.

They work in mine.I only use copys in the car,the originals i keep in the house.

oops i din't realise you meant cdrw, i use cdr

Good point, CDRW's won't work they have to be CD-R's. I know at 10p each it's not as cheap but certainly better than getting a new head unit and changer.

Thanks, I know that CDRs work, but I tried one brand CDRW and it worked some of the time. Then I bought a new pack of CDRWs and they wont play. Maybe I'll try a slower burn. Since they are rewriteable, it's not a big deal. The CDRs are actually the cheaper ones. I just bought a 100 pack of CDRs for $22 USD.

u need to close the CD, so that the unit will recognise it a proper music cd, CD-R 's are they whey to go

i can't use cdrw in my sony 10-disc cd changer even when it says it will play em! my headunit plays them tho!

i have 11 cd slots! lol cos the changer came with the car and i put my ch unit in to play my cdrw's.

may not be of any use cos it's sony not oe.

[ QUOTE ]
Not much point using a CDRW then really.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can reuse finalised CDRWs.

When you blank the disc the TOC is simply melted via the stronger laser. You then reburn.

Finalising a CDRW does not mean it is then not reusable.

cdrw may work depending on the manufactuer - similar problems with dvd-rw - some work and some dont with commercial players

if you find a make that works in your head unit then stick to that one -

for the cost of cd-r though, i would just use those - cdr are much more reliable in non-computer readers although i have had some makes that arent reliable long term - usually last less than a year if they are left in the changer all the time cos they are quite warm and this seems to alter the disks over time.