Andymac sub enclosure

ImS3ola

Reaction score
Well i've finally got round to installing andys enclosure and I just want to say how impressed I am. The quality of construction of the enclosure is very high - i'm sure if you went to an ICE shop and asked them to build something similar it's cost 3x the price.

I'm running the sub with a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 300.2 amp with the gain set to about half and the little thing pumps out some serious bass for its size - i was slightly concerned about a 6.5" sub in a very small sealed enclosure, but it does seem to defy its size - bass is punchy but it also does the low stuff much better than you'd think.

I'd say it's the best upgrade you could make to a standard system - i'm still running standard speakers and symphony head unit. I was going to change the speakers asap and run them off a 4ch amp, but now i can put that off and put the money towards something else (remap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

P.S. My hands are well and truly cut to pieces - those audi panels are fitted so ****** tightly

P.P.S. Andy, what do you find is the best setting for the LP crossover - it's set to about 110 now but i'm not sure if I should go lower due to the size of the sub?

[ QUOTE ]
post whore...haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Who me?

Never........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I accidentally posted in the Trading forum and couldn't delete the post cos the mods are vetting all post beforehand. They must've moved it here when they saw it.