Nokia Handsfree to Bose HU

• Thread starter imported_christhick
  • Start date
I

imported_christhick

Does anyone know what adaptor I need to fit a Nokia handsfree kit to a Bose head Unit.

I've been told that I need one as each speaker is amplified individually and when I wired it up it was very loud and I had no control over the volume?

I've got the mute and power working ok but not the speakers.

there may well be but it is probably just a line out converter with the correct plug for a concert.

I've done it!
This is what you need for a symphony unit:
http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-119B.html
You have to solder in a 5k resisor for bose equipped units as described at the bottom.

If you have a different unit, then search on that site and it'll tell you the one you need

Garth_S3 - fully agree SIO seem to be great. They put the 5k resistor in line for me before sending it out. Still haven't fitted it in my car as I still can't find a switched power souce.

Lots of helpful threads on this board, but I can't find a definitive answer for the 8P A3. After spending several hours looking I was none the wiser so if anyone could illuminate me that would be great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ok if it helps i have special leads for the audi head units with amplified systems and volume controls