Rns-e sound problem

moag

she's no d-turbo
Reaction score
Fitted my RNS-E last week and it was working perfectly. Then the sound faded out and came back gradually. Took the unit out and now I've lost sound completely. The radio/mp3 plays for like 1 second when I power it on. Any idea what the problem could be?
Thanks

Also when the rns-e is connected i hear 2 pops from the speakers every 15 seconds or so

nope the mute symbol isnt on the screen. I had a search and found a few people had issues with there unit sticking on mute, but i think this is different problem

What unit was in before hand, check all your wiring, if using a quadlock adaptor, check pins to make sure nothing is amiss etc.

concert 2+ was installed before with no issues. Wiring seems ok, my car came with a quadlock so didnt require any adaptors. I've been driving around with no sound for the past week, really irritating me now.

The 2 popping noises can be heard even when the unit isnt powered up, maybe its an amplifier issue or something?

I've the same problem in my A4 B6 avant. The sound somethimes fades and stops. somethimes it starts again. Did you fix your issue? Can you tell me what it was?